Bryson Gillette is always looking for diverse and interesting people to join the team.
Bryson Gillette - Paid Internship Position
Who We Are
Bryson Gillette is a minority-owned strategic communications firm dedicated to serving the needs of its clients and delivering results. With expertise in public affairs, political consulting, media relations, and crisis communications, we develop tailored strategies that shape narratives around the issues that matter to clients. Bryson Gillette stands ready to provide companies, non-profits, governments, and prominent public and political figures with a range of public affairs services that address their most pressing communications needs.
We work with major companies, national law firms, non-profits, progressive organizations, and political candidates. Our partners and vendors are also leaders in their fields. We are based out of Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles, and are currently working remotely.
We are also a fun, smart, collaborative group who care about the world around us and seek to make positive change at home and across the country. We are experts without egos and creative without control issues. Come work with us and you’ll learn a lot, make an impact, and have fun doing it.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and/or veteran status.
Who You Are
You roll up your sleeves and are highly organized. You have a problem-solver mindset with a can-do attitude. You have a strong desire to learn. You have experience working in diverse communities. You are professional when you interface with clients and partners. You thrive in fast-paced environments and you’re ready to hit the ground running. Most importantly, you have a desire to learn and work hard. You’re an undergraduate or graduate student, available to work remotely at least 20 hours per week, starting June 15. The internship hours will be 9-5 EDT or 8-4 PDT.
What You’ll Do
- Strategy – Learn high-level strategic communications, political campaign management, public affairs, and media relations
- Earned media – track coverage & draft press releases, op-eds, & talking points
- Political campaign management – research, draft campaign press releases & talking points, create direct mail and ad concepts
- Public affairs – research, draft press releases, op-eds, talking points, & help with media trainings
- Paid media – concept & script writing, project management of ads, and ad research
- Digital / social media – drafting social post copy, tracking social media topics & posts from our clients
What Skills and Experiences You’ll Bring
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivation, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of G-Suite, including email, google-docs and spreadsheets
- Grit, a growth mindset, and a good sense of humor
For interested candidates, please send the following to Kasey Poulin (email@example.com), with a subject line that reads (exactly as written): Internship Application.
- Please include:
- Cover letter answering the following questions (in no more than one page, 11 point font):
- Why are you interested in this internship?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
Our team is constantly evolving to keep up with the needs of a fast-moving world. If you are interested in working with us, please share a resume and cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you are interested in a career in strategic communications and public affairs.
We nurture diverse talent. If you’re an undergraduate or graduate student or looking for a mid-career transition, please reach out to us with a resume and cover letter about what motivates you to want to work on strategic communications campaigns and public affairs.